Several members of the Simply Waste Solutions operations team, located at our West London depot have just been awarded their Freight Transport Association (FTA) Introduction to Road Transport Operations certificate.
The three-day FTA award focuses on the fundamentals of road transport legislation, as well as work-related road safety, workplace transport safety, road traffic regulations, accident procedures and competency standards required by transport professionals.
There are many benefits to attending this course including:
- Promotes confidence of front line employees
- Understanding relevant transport legislation
- Knowledge of legal compliance with the latest guidance from Traffic Commissioners
- Provide the information and tools to ensure compliance with current developments in road transport legislation
- Offers the opportunity to network with other industry professionals, sharing ideas for best practice
This short course is designed to underpin our logistical knowledge and safe road use. We’re lucky that Simply Waste invest so heavily in people and training to ensure that they’re at the cutting edge of the waste management industry. It’s important to know that we’re working within the law and meet other logistical professionals. Karla Harding – Head of Quality and Compliance.
Simply Waste Solutions is committed to ensuring all their employees are continually developing their skills, knowledge and professionalism within the waste management industry as well as ensuring they’re complying with the necessary legislation. Investment in employees is a huge part of the Simply culture and we believe that this creates a better environment to work in and a positive workforce to drive the business in the right direction.